List

Just to jog my memory.

When we see hardware issues, I am asked if the messages seen in various LOGs,
like Batch JobLogs, or CICS STC Joblogs, caused the job to fail

I am trying to remember if there is specific information about that process.

I seem to recall that IOS needs an IO Event to occur so it can write out the
messages.  And it is just a random event as to which JOBS/STCS might get these
messages produced.  I am fairly certain that these messages did not cause the
job to fail.

So if there is specific doc or link, I would appreciate the details

For example, IEA491I.  We know what to do about the message, just need to be
able to supply our users with links or docs why it happened in their Job log

Lizette Koehler
statistics: A precise and logical method for stating a half-truth inaccurately