Edward Gould wrote:

>Approximately 2 months I had a life altering incident.

Out of respect, I rather not ask what that incident was.

>I can no longer function as a sysprog. I resigned my no pay job at the place I
>used to donate my time.

No pay job? Ouch, I hope that employer can help you out?

>I find I can no longer do the job. I hope much success to all of you and hope
>that you can carry on with your work, despite IBM’s best efforts to do away
>with the profession. Thanks, to John Ells and the many other IBMer’s who give
>their time and their experience with IBM-MAIN.

I see many on IBM-MAIN are kind to help each others. I hope to see that this
will continue for a long time!

>Not sure what is ahead for me, other than traveling with a companion as I can
>barely walk.

Ouch! There is another IBM-MAIN member who shall remain nameless - He has a
serious medical issue just after resigning...

>I am 70 years old and I am finding life without a technical challenge not
>interesting and since I can no longer function in that capacity I will have to
>find some other outlet.
>Best wishes to you all.

All of the very best to you in this time. May God bless you and your family.

I will certainly miss you and your wisdom.

Good luck and take care!

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht