Jesse 1 Robinson wrote:
We have a vendor product for which we previously ZAPped some tailored code into
a patch area. The latest upgrade of the product module does not come with a
patch area. I seem to remember a method of adding a patch area to a module for
which no source is available. Using I think ASMH and IEWL. Sound familiar?
Sound doable?

Skip,

Perhaps the Binder's EXPAND statement will do what you need.

Here's the example from the book, MVS Program Management: User's Guide
and Reference, which you can find here:

https://www-304.ibm.com/servers/resourcelink/svc00100.nsf/pages/zOSV2R3sa231392/$file/ieab200_v2r3.pdf:

Example

In this example, EXPAND statements add a 250-byte patch area (initialized to zeros) at the end of control section CSECT1 and increase the length of named common area COM1 by 400 bytes.

//LKED EXEC PGM=IEWBLINK
//SYSPRINT DD SYSOUT=*
//SYSLMOD DD DSNAME=PROJECT.PROGLIB,DISP=OLD
//SYSLIN DD DSNAME=&&LOADSET,DISP=(OLD,PASS)
// DD *
EXPAND CSECT1(250)
EXPAND COM1(400)
NAME MOD1(R)
/*

(Note the caution in the book about addressability.)

--
John Eells
IBM Poughkeepsie