Elardus Engelbrecht wrote:

>Sorry, but please educate me (and others too), what is a "CanCon"?

>Yes, of course, I Googled it by harassing Uncle G. O. Ogle, but got many hits
>like "Canadia Contents" amongst other useless hits (pipe-manufacturer
>'Can-Con', 'CanCon' restaurants, Canada TV regulations, a French commune,
>Cancer Control, etc.)

Yep, you've got it with some of those. Canadian broadcasters are required to
include a minimum amount of "Canadian content" in their programming. The idea
is to keep U.S. culture from taking over (good luck with that). Remember
Bob&Doug, the Mckenzie Brothers, from Second City? That skit started as a
CanCon joke, and become a whole meme (before the term), with an album and
movie. CanCon has become sort of a joke in general.

So it made sense to me-as good a reason as any for z13s not to be available up
north!