Nims,Alva John wrote:

>Please take this with ALL it's implied humor: "OMG!  Do you normally program
>in APL?" :-)

While appreciating the humor, I'd point out that nested function calls like
that are entirely natural and accepted in Rexx. With good tracing options like

TRACE ?I

(Intermediates) debugging such statements is not at all difficult. With 35+
years of Rexx use, I find Brian's illustrated example painful to read. As an
illustration it makes sense-not criticizing you, Brian!-but if I'd posted it, I
might have included the compressed, single-statement version as an example of
how you'd actually use it in real life.

.phsiii