Wayne Rhoten (Morgan Hill, CA) probably knows more than most. He was Mr SMS
until he retired from IBM in 2014. I don't know how to contact him but if
you could find someone who has contact information, he would be a gold
mine. I do know someone who *might* know how to get a hold of him if you
get stuck. I did do a bit of googling and checked LinkedIn and Facebook but
got nothing.

Jim