> Doesn't this nicely prove how worthless such surveys are? Go ask the same
question to the  mainframe community, and you will get a completely
different ranking. Go ask the same question to the app programmer
community, and you will get a completely different ranking.
>Peter Hunkeler
     Please excuse my soapbox moment... It does not mean that surveys are
"worthless".  The survey shows what it shows.  It does demonstrate the
importance of "critical thinking", a subject no longer taught in USA public
schools, and which is illegal in dictatorships and oligarchies.  The reader
has to read and understand what was studied, what the question was, and who
was surveyed, and not just read the summary.  I believe Mr Hunkeler's
analysis is correct, but let's not throw out surveys "with the bathwater".