If you only want to test problem state callers, look at the JSCB.

--
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
http://mason.gmu.edu/~smetz3

From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@listserv.ua.edu> on behalf of
Tony Harminc <t...@harminc.net>
Sent: Monday, August 20, 2018 10:15 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@listserv.ua.edu
Subject: TESTAUTH BRANCH=XM ?

(I'm speaking of the MVS macro, and not the TSO command.)

BRANCH=XM appears to be undocumented, though it's been in the macro
for 15 years. It seems to surround the function of TESTAUTH FCTN=1
with a change to home space mode and back, so that presumably relevant
MVS control blocks such as the JSCB are accessible.

1) Is BRANCH=XM supported? (In passing, the doc says that "Only SVC
routines can use BRANCH=YES." Is that true?)

2) The description of TESTAUTH says it requires entry in Primary mode
with PASN-HASN-SASN. Is *that* true?

3) What is the official way for a SS PC routine to find out if the
issuer of the PC is running in an APF authorized environment? (I am
aware that that caller could be in SRB mode or otherwise not be in a
state conducive to answering the question, but presumably one would
care only if the caller is in a user key and problem state.)

4) Design-wise, is there a reason that APF authorization of the caller
is not a criterion that can be applied when the PC routine is set up
with ETDEF?

Thanks!

Tony H.