Do you receive the same error messages if you start the connection
manually??

        $S N,A=APPL01

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Gilson Cesar de Oliveira
Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2018 9:15 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: $HASP568 - Connect to a Unkown APPL

Dear list:

  We have configured an NJE connection using the following statements in JES2
PARM:

APPL(APPL01)   NODE=31

CONNECT  NODEA=1,MEMBA=1,NODEB=31,MEMBB=1

N(31)   NAME=NODE01,PATHMGR=YES,CONNECT=(YES,30)

 In VTAMLST we have the following definitions:

         VBUILD  TYPE=CDRSC
          NETWORK NETID=NETB
APPL01    CDRSC   ==> Remote Node

My NETID is NETA
               VBUILD  TYPE=APPL
LCLNJE11  APPL    VPACING=5,AUTH=ACQ,
               DLOGMOD=JESMODE,MODETAB=JES2MODE

I'm receiving the message $HASP568 with the following content:

$HASP568 NODE=NODE01 - AUTOMATIC CONNECT (APPL=NODE01)

and VTAM messages with sense code 087D0001 with the following contents:

IST663I  INIT OTHER REQUEST               FAILED  , SENSE=087D0001
IST664I  REAL  OLU=NETA.LCLNJE11     ALIAS DLU=NETA.NODE01

I'd like to know why the connection retry is using node name instead of APPL
name as defined in JES2 parm ??

We are at z/OS V2R2.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,