Did you mark the CA certificate as trusted?

Charles

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of ITschak Mugzach
Sent: Monday, September 3, 2018 1:25 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: HTTPS end-up with rc 417 for self-signed certificate

I uploaded a self signed certificate to RACF, added it to my keyring as
personal, trust & default. When trying to connect to the server, I get rc
417 and msg "Self-signed certificate cannot be validated". I tried to
upload the CA certificate (self signed as well) as a certauth and added it
to my keyring. DIGTCERT and DIGTRISG refreshed.
It worked in the past, but this is a new racf, and somehow I list the JCL I
used.

Is there any guide on how-to with self signed certificates?