>Apologies for the delay in replying but your response got flagged as spam
>somewhere and I did not see it. I finally found it in the archives!

My bad. The flag had been set by GMX, and I badly missed to remove it from the
subject when replying. I recognized after sending, and for a quick moment
thought to correct and resend, but then decided otherwise. Agrrrr... I'm sorry.

>I am not sure where the original ACEE of the child STC is coming from since
>both it and the parent STC have similar JCL procedure names that match to the
>same RACF rule. So the ACEE could be coming from the RACF rule or it could be
>inherited (like with forked address spaces or jobs submitted via internal
>reader). My problem is that there seem to be two sets of rules in play: the
>data sets allocated by JCL get the original STC's ACEE and the dynamically
>allocated ones get the new ACEE I set in the address space initialisation exit
>(in ASXBSENV). The doc states that the initialisation exit runs before the JCL
>procedure but perhaps some JCL processing happens at the same time.

I'm surely not authoritative to write "this is how it works", but the statement
"It executes in the new address space before the procedure identified by
SYS1.PROCLIB." Is foggy. A procedure is not executed, programs are. Your
problem makes clear that this part of the documentation should be enhanced:

- Is the INIT routine run under the region control task, or under the stated
task control task (I suspect the latter)?
- Have any allocations asked for via DD statement in the procedure already been
done? Your observation seems to indicate: yes, they have.

Would an RCF be sufficient?

--
Peter Hunkeler

--