From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Walt Farrell
Sent: 03 November 2018 22:07
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: Profiles specific to user

On Sat, 3 Nov 2018 15:00:01 -0500, Mike Cairns <m...@mikecairns.com> wrote:

>Unfortunately the SEARCH command only applies to the user executing the
>command.  Returning the profiles that *you*, the executing user, have access
>to.  I think what Vignesh is asking for is a list of the profiles for a given
>user when asking the question as an administrator.

I think you're forgetting the USER(userID) paramater on SEARCH, Mike:

<quote from RACF Command Language Reference>
USER(userid)
    Specifies that RACF is to list the profiles that the specified user has
access to (READ authority or higher, or owner) for the class you specify on the
CLASS operand. RACF lists only those profiles that the specified owner is
allowed to see.
</quote>

Nonetheless, I agree with you that using IRRDBU00 is a better approach, as
SEARCH does not tell you -what- access the user has, nor -why- he has it.
Generating a report based on IRRDBU00 output can tell you both of those, though
you do need to perform the additional processing to include accesses based on
the user's groups and UACC.

--
Walt

MARKSANDSPENCER.COM
________________________________
 Unless otherwise stated above:
Marks and Spencer plc
Registered Office:
Waterside House
35 North Wharf Road
London
W2 1NW

Registered No. 214436 in England and Wales.

Telephone (020) 7935 4422
Facsimile (020) 7487 2670

www.marksandspencer.com

This e-mail is confidential. If you received it by mistake, please let us know
and then delete it from your system; you should not copy, disclose, or
distribute its contents to anyone nor act in reliance on this e-mail, as this
is prohibited and may be unlawful.