Elardus Engelbrecht wrote:
John Eells wrote:

IND$FILE, as part of z/OS, remains supported.  As far as I know, support for it
has never lapsed (certainly not since its inclusion into OS/390).

Indeed and thanks for the clarification. I am somewhat perplexed by this
discussion. This module is found in SYS1.CMDLIB and as of z/OS v2.2, I see this
eye-catcher there (note the years in the copyright statement):

"5665-311 COPYRIGHT IBM CORP 1983,1988; LICENCED MATERIAL - PROPERTY OF IBM, REFER
TO COPYRIGHT INSTRUCTIONS FORM NO. G120-2083"

This is a very old FMID.

Unless and until we repackage the FMID, all the module headers will remain the same, including the product number and copyright dates. Further, it would not surprise me to learn that the referenced form number has been history for decades now.

If you find eye-catchers for, say, MICR/OCR (EMI2220) or TIOC (ETI1106, I think, or possibly ETI1102; I didn't look it up but I'm pretty sure it's one or the other) I would expect to see similarly dated information in them.

--
John Eells
IBM Poughkeepsie