From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Knutson, Samuel
Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2018 10:13 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Sad News Ray Wicks

Shared by CMG just this evening.

It is with deep sadness that we announce the passing of our friend and board
member Ray Wicks on November 27, 2018. Ray was a frequent contributor,
volunteer, and speaker for CMG. In 2000, he won the prestigious A. A. Michelson
Award for the Advancement of Computer Systems. CMG would like to pass on their
condolences to the friends and family of Ray Wicks. http://bit.ly/2G09REj
#cmgnews

I still remember the first talk I heard from Ray Wicks being impressed not only
with his expertise but the way he shared it wrapped in wry humor about Zen,
forests and trees.  He was a fine fellow and contributed greatly to the art and
science of managing capacity and performance on mainframes.

Peace,
Sam
addressee or an authorized designee, you may not copy or use it, or disclose it
to anyone else. If you received it in error please notify us immediately and
then destroy it