Thanks Al, I'm trying to find where I can find CAUNZIP that's described in
Carmen's link.
From your procedure, I see that I can use jar -xf to unzip and the rest of your
steps are great, thank you.

It is incredibly annoying that there's a limit of putting 100 fixes into the
cart... for what reason ?!
Downloading in bulk makes this very, very frustrating.
I've never been this worked up before.. trying to get some bloody fixes in.
I feel like CSM is just a 'push the problem under the carpet' kind of solution.
Wonder why it's hard to have two or more consistent methods of
product/maintenance retrieval.

Have faced the dangling blank space or irregular .txt when working with IBM
maintenance too (via SRD), but since I've never had to deal with fixes in bulk
via SRD, it has been bearable.

– Vignesh
Mainframe Infrastructure

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of Al
Ferguson
Sent: 18 December 2018 14:52
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Fwd: [EXTERNAL] Fixes from CA

Vignesh,

CA has always been a bit different. Here is my solution (2 JOBs). I am assuming
you have an OMVS Segment and a USS Home Directory.
        - Start by ordering all the maintenance in 1 bundle (up to 100 fixes,
do multiple if you need more the 100 fixes).
        - Then download the scart0.zip file (rename if you have multiples).
        - Create a “$HOME/CA” directory in USS ($HOME should be your HOME
directory)
        - Upload the scart0.zip files as binary to the $HOME/CA directory
        - Remove STEP0200 from @10FTPCA.txt (the ftp from CA’s site, as you are
not connected & the above step did this)
        - STEP0100 will do some directory prep work
        - STEP0300 will
                - UNZIP all the scart0.zip files (if more then one)
                - put the PTFs & HOLD data in different directories (created by
STEP0100)
                - create some template JCL to include in @11SMPRE.txt
        - Run @10FTOCA.txt
        - Update the CSI, RFPREFIX, and FMIDs for your shop & Product being
installed.
        - View @11SMPRE.txt and do the 2 “COPY ‘~/CA/cntl/SMP*.txt’” ISPF Copy
commands,
          (use the “a” line command on the appropriate DD statement)
        - Move the DD statement over the first line of the newly copied output

You should be ready to go. You will note that:
        - as we are dealing with the USS Filesystem, the initial transfer only
is concerned with it being binary; you do not need to be concerned with MVS
file attributes.
        - the bash script in STEP0300 of @10FTPCA.txt makes sure the DCB
information is correct for the SMP/E Receive

_______________ @10FTPCA.txt

//@10FTPCA JOB ZOS,'SPGA2F - @10FTPCA',TIME=10,REGION=128M,
//         CLASS=A,MSGCLASS=H,MSGLEVEL=(1,1),
//         NOTIFY=&SYSUID
//*=================  SYSM.CAI.OPSMVS.INSTALL(@10FTPCA)  =============*
//*                                                                   *
//*===================================================================*
//STEP0100 EXEC PGM=AOPBATCH,PARM='sh'
//*
//STDIN    DD DATA,DLM=@@
#!/bin/sh
set -vx
whoami
#  Set bash variables used later
BASE=$HOME/CA
#
#   Ensure necessary working directories exist, if not, create them
#
if [ ! -d "$BASE/cntl" ]; then; mkdir -p "$BASE/cntl"; fi
if [ ! -d "$BASE/info" ]; then; mkdir -p "$BASE/info"; fi
if [ ! -d "$BASE/pax"  ]; then; mkdir -p "$BASE/pax" ; fi
if [ ! -d "$BASE/ptfs" ]; then; mkdir -p "$BASE/ptfs"; fi
if [ ! -d "$BASE/HOLD" ]; then; mkdir -p "$BASE/HOLD"; fi
#
#   Move remaining pax, pdf, & HOLD Files into other directories ...
#
mv $BASE/*.pax.Z $BASE/pax/
mv $BASE/*.pdf   $BASE/pax/
mv $BASE/ALL-HOLDDATA.TXT $BASE/HOLD/
#
echo 'All done.'
@@
//STDOUT   DD SYSOUT=*
//STDERR   DD SYSOUT=*
//*===================================================================*
//*                                                                   *
//*===================================================================*
//STEP0200 EXEC PGM=FTP,PARM='-n ftpdownloads.ca.com
<http://ftpdownloads.ca.com/> ( EXIT'
//*    Use mget /siteNo/orderNo/*.type (REPLACE
//INPUT    DD DATA,DLM=@@
user yourem...@yourcompany.com <mailto:yourem...@yourcompany.com>

WJGPpagd7fp41vYqdMpGXA==
lcd /u/yourid/CA/ptfs
binary
mget *.zip
quit
@@
//OUTPUT   DD SYSOUT=*
//SYSPRINT DD SYSOUT=*
//**********************************************************************
//*        Expected RC=0000
//**********************************************************************
//STEP0300 EXEC PGM=AOPBATCH,PARM='sh'
//*
//STDIN    DD DATA,DLM=@@
#!/bin/sh
#
set -vx
whoami
#  Set bash variables used later
BASE=$HOME/CA
HOLDDAT="//         DD LRECL=80,RECFM=FB,PATH='&HOLD/"
PTFSBIN="//         DD LRECL=80,RECFM=FB,PATH='&PTFS/"
PTFSTXT="//         DD LRECL=81,RECFM=FB,PATH='&PTFS/"
JAVA_HOME='/usr/lpp/java/current_31'
PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:$JAVA_HOME/bin
#  ... Set working dirctory ...
cd $BASE/ptfs
#  ... UnZip scart0.zip file ...
jar -xf *.zip
#
#   Move Informational PTFs (RI*.txt) into info directory ...
#
mv $BASE/ptfs/RI*.txt $BASE/info/
mv $BASE/ptfs/SI*.txt $BASE/info/
#
#   Create SMPPTFIN and SMPHOLD JCL Includes
#
#   Process HOLDDATA JCL
cd $BASE/HOLD
ls -1 *.TXT | xargs -Ifile echo "$HOLDDAT"file"'"  >$BASE/cntl/SMPHOLD.txt
#   Process PTF JCL
cd $BASE/ptfs
ls -1 *.BIN | xargs -Ifile echo "$PTFSBIN"file"'"  >$BASE/cntl/SMPPTFIN.txt
ls -1 *.txt | xargs -Ifile echo "$PTFSTXT"file"'" >>$BASE/cntl/SMPPTFIN.txt
@@
//STDOUT   DD SYSOUT=*
//STDERR   DD SYSOUT=*
//

_______________ @11SMPRE.txt

//@11SMPRE JOB ZOS,'SPGA2F - @11SMPRE',TIME=10,REGION=128M,
//         CLASS=A,MSGCLASS=H,MSGLEVEL=(1,1),
//         NOTIFY=&SYSUID
//*=================  SYSM.CAI.OPSMVS.INSTALL(@11SMPRE)  =============*
//*    EXPECTED RETURN CODE:  00                                      *
//*===================================================================*
//     SET PTFS='/u/yourid/CA/ptfs'
//     SET HOLD='/u/yourid/CA/HOLD'
//*===================================================================*
//RECEIVE  EXEC PGM=GIMSMP,
//         PARM='DATE=U,CSI=SMPE.CAI.OPSMVS.CSI'
//*-------------------------------------------------------------------*
//*   SMPHOLD DD's "COPY '~/CA/cntl/SMPHOLD.txt'"
//*-------------------------------------------------------------------*
//SMPHOLD  DD
//*-------------------------------------------------------------------*
//*  SMPPTFIN DD's "COPY '~/CA/cntl/SMPPTFIN.txt'"
//*-------------------------------------------------------------------*
//SMPPTFIN DD
//SMPCNTL  DD DATA,DLM=@@
  SET BDY(GLOBAL).
  RECEIVE SYSMODS RFPREFIX(SMPE.CA1)
    FORFMID (
      CCLXD00 /*CA OPS/MVS Base                               */
      CCLXD01 /*CA OPS/MVS OPSLOG WebView and Web Features    */
      CCLXD03 /*CA OPS/MVS CICS Operations Facility           */
      CCLXD04 /*CA OPS/MVS OPSHMC REXX                        */
      CC2D800 /*SOLVE                                         */
    /*CC2D770   Hardware Interface Service                    */
    /*CC2D771   CA Management Services                        */
    /*CE2J200   CA Mainframe Connector                        */
     )
  .
@@
//SMPOUT   DD SYSOUT=*