i had read that but was not sure.

So, that means that each one will need to be split based on the key. The old
from-key to-key concept.

________________________________
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> on behalf of
Lizette Koehler <stars...@mindspring.com>
Sent: Tuesday, December 18, 2018 1:13 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Multi-volume HSM MCDS

You want to convert to multiple mcds clusters

MCDS1

MCDS2

Etc...

The MCDS and BCDS can be comprised from one to four clusters.  Each cluster is
a stand-alone VSAM Key Sequence data
Set

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSLTBW_2.2.0/com.ibm.zos.v2r2.arci000/mvcds.htm

You probably have to change your startup JCL for DFHSM

Lizette