On 3/01/2019 1:58 am, Seymour J Metz wrote:
Bah! I did 62x160 on a 17" plasma screen. Of course, these day I would not consider
buying 17", 23" or even the larger screen I have now; I'd go for the biggest screen
that had a reasonable price.

39" 4K TVs are cheap as chips these days. The bigger the better. The days of dual monitors are over.

FWIW, I usually used SPLIT and VSPLIT to chop up the screen, depending on what
I was doing; I almost never ran with one big panel.

--
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
http://mason.gmu.edu/~smetz3

From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> on behalf of Robert
Prins <robert.ah.pr...@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 2, 2019 11:50 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Crosshair cursor

On 2018-12-29 17:46, zMan wrote:
Does anybody here voluntarily use a crosshair cursor in your 3270
emulator?

It was the second change I made after installing Vista, setting up the cursor
to garish bright yellow cross-hairs. ;) (The first change? A 62 x 160
screen-size)

Classification: Public I also frequently use crosshairs (toggled by
SHIFT-HOME, which I think is something similar to the combination on the 3270
keyboard I used in the 80s). I switch crosshair on/off depending on what I'm
doing.

62 x 160 eh? Still using a small screen then? :-)
Only 23" full HD, and pretty bad eyesight, myopic (-6.5) and problems using
multifocal glasses.

Robert
--
Robert AH Prins