On 1/8/2019 5:28 AM, daverankin...@gmail.com wrote:

I get a GIM44336S error with this message and java debug turned on

GIM44336S ** AN UNUSUAL CONDITION OCCURRED. GIMJVCLT -
              java.lang.NullPointerException

Jan 08, 2019 10:10:11 AM com.ibm.smp.GIMJVCLT main
SEVERE: A runtime exception occurred. Exception message = null
java.lang.NullPointerException
  at com.ibm.smp.GIMJVCLT.setLevel(GIMJVCLT.java:325)
  at com.ibm.smp.GIMJVCLT.main(GIMJVCLT.java:397)
smpeCC:09 smpeRoutine:GIMJVCLT smpeMsgLen:0000000030 smpeMsg:java.lang.NullPoin
erException

I need more information to debug this problem. Did SMP/E write any more information to SYSPRINT? If not, add javadebugoptions="-Dcom.ibm.smp.debug=finest" to your <CLIENT> specification and try again, then show me the output from SYSPRINT.

Kurt Quackenbush -- IBM, SMP/E Development