Thanks. Will try to sneak it in.

Charles

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Kirk Wolf
Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2019 3:20 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Is there a C or LE service to retrieve ISPF statistics?

Quick and dirty from C to list directory and / or retrieve member
statistics:

fopen("MY.PDS", "rb,type=record,noseek,recfm=u")
loop fread()  ... 256 byte directory blocks until EOF
    - process each member entry in the block.
       See "DFSMS Using Data Sets" / PDS Directory for the layout structure
fclose()

ISPF stats are in the optional user data section of the member entry.
ISP.SISPMACS(ISPDSTAT) can be used to map that for ISPF statistics.

The z/OS XLC/C++ Programming Guide  has a sample ""Listing Partitioned Data
Set Members" in Appendix H "Additional Examples" that does this (except for
the user data):