From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Sankaranarayanan, Vignesh
Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2019 4:32 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: IKJEFT1B program name SMF

That's a cool job Charles!

– Vignesh
Mainframe Infrastructure

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Charles Mills
Sent: 29 January 2019 18:24
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: IKJEFT1B program name SMF

"Programs" do not get to write or directly control the contents of SMF 30
records. IRXJCL would have no way to "record the member" (in the SMF 30).

IBM would of course be free to add the PARM= information to the SMF 30 record,
or to create a new record type for PARM= data, or a new record type for IRXJCL
options and results.

I have no idea of the efficacy of an RFE, but snowflakes and Avernus come to
mind.

I do not disagree with the assertion that PARM= data would be useful. As a guy
who has spent the past 8 years trying to populate organizational security
threat repositories from the contents of SMF records I can tell you that there
is a lot of additional data that would be useful in SMF records.