On Mon, Feb 18, 2019 at 8:07 AM esmie moo <
0000012780d99c7b-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu> wrote:

> Gentle Readers,
> I encountered a problem with a space abend for a IAM VSAM EXTENDED
> FORMAT.dsn.  In the DATACLAS we have the Volume Count at 30 so I changed it
> to 40.  I restarted the job however it abended at NUMBER OF VOLUMES 30.My
> question Is what is the maximum number of volumes that cane be allocated
> via the SMS DATACLAS for the Volume Count?

Did you reallocate the DSN? The value for volume count is set from the
DATACLAS at allocation time. Any changes to the DATACLAS after allocation
are not used. The simpliest way to increase the volume count is to:

ALTER <<<dsn>>> ADDVOL(* * * * * * * * * *)

Put in as many asterisks are you want extra volumes.

--
I just burned 2000 calories!
That's the last time I'll nap with brownies in the oven.

Maranatha! <><
John McKown