Which is interesting when you consider that most (Windows) PCs are
single-user machines. Macs, BTW, tend to do well in the 8-16GB of memory
range.

So, an 8GB (strongly urged) minimum for a massively multi-user machine
such as z14 isn't really a lot.

And, yes, I know memory usage patterns vary wildly between operating
environments.

Cheers, Martin

Martin Packer

zChampion, Systems Investigator & Performance Troubleshooter, IBM

+44-7802-245-584

email: martin_pac...@uk.ibm.com

Twitter / Facebook IDs: MartinPacker

Blog: