It's extremely powerful but oh so onerous to install, maintain, and administer.
 They will push implementation services, and you will wish you'd bought them
before it's over if you go it on your own.

What are you planning on doing with it?  If it is just MFT, I would highly
recommend taking a good hard look at MOVEit first (unless you have a bunch of
Connect:Direct you have to deal with, since SI/SFG does come with CDSA; you may
end up not having much choice).

Keep in mind too that you won't need only SFG/SI.  You will need SSP and SEAS
(if you want to do SFTP; that's another joy) as well.  And you probably will
want CC.  There are other pieces that have to be installed and configured on
separate servers (SSPcm and Perimeter Server), but they are part of SSP.  In
short, there are a lot of pieces.

One more thing, IBM just recently outsourced support and development (I think)
of the suite to Syncsort, if that sways you either way.

First Tennessee Bank
Mainframe Technical Support

[External Email]

I welcome your comments, suggestions, etc. about the IBM SFG Product.
FIRST TENNESSEE

Confidentiality notice:
This e-mail message, including any attachments, may contain legally privileged
and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or
the employee or agent responsible for delivery of this message to the intended
recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or
copying of this e-mail message is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this
e-mail message from your computer.