On Fri, 29 Mar 2019 02:32:04 -0500, Elardus Engelbrecht wrote:

>>  INREC FINDREP=(ENDPOS=2004,
>>Note :  For FB fies the end position would be 2000 ( No addition of the RDW)
>
>Not many people understand that little 4 bytes trick for that RDW. ;-D ;-D

When I first encountered MVS, I found including the RDW in LRECL
counterintuitive.
If the "L" stands for "Logical" it should count only the data, not metadata.

CMS counts only the data in record length.  But that led to an error in emulated
OS I/O:  Circa VM/370, OPEN failed to add 4 for compatibility.  I don't know if
it was ever fixed.

-- gil