Hi Folks,

    I'm happy to announce that the 64-bit version of the LOOK program from CBT File 264 is finally out, on the Updates page of www.cbttape.org.  It has been a long time in coming.

    Now you can browse virtual storage and and navigate control blocks in all three:  64-bit, 31-bit, and 24-bit storage, and in ANY ADDRESS SPACE.

    I know that many of you have other ways of doing this, but the 64-bit LOOK command, named LOOKN to distinguish it from the 31-bit version, has been a mainstay for many programmers, and for me.

    My friend Joe Reichman did most of the development, and he modernized many parts of the program:  SCHEDULE was replaced by IEAMSCHD in synchronous mode, and much more was revamped by Joe, including recovery.

    Right now I think that LOOKN works very nicely, switching back and forth between 64-bit and 31-bit storage and so forth. But I'd like the people to use it, beat it up, and report any problems to me, so we can fix them.  LOOK does not change storage.  It gives you the opportunity to see the data you're programming for.

    The old versions of LOOK are still around on File 264, so that folks using pre-z/OS systems can still have a their source codes.

    All the best of everything to all of you.

Sincerely,    Sam