Ron Thomas wrote:

>We have a file that is received from a vendor ( item_nbr 10 byes and location
>20 bytes) . File is a 80 byte FB record

>item_nbr    location
>4046340¦CORPORATIVO
>4046564¦CORPORATIVO
>4046564¦ESTADO
>4047131¦CORPORATIVO
>4047460¦CORPORATIVO
>4047479¦CORPORATIVO

>Here we need to extract item_nbrs that has only "CORPORATIVO"  location and no
>other location defined . In the example above it should pull

So, after reading the replies to you, it seemed to me you need to sort
according to first item_nbr and then location.

After that, you select the FIRST of these numbers. After that you only select
those with CORPORATIVO.

Or reject any/all duplicates of item_nbr and then only subselect location after
that rejection.

Other than that, I don't think there is an easy way to select more than one
records based on two different unrelated selections, unless Sri h Kolusu has a
magic wand for this one too.

Of course, if there is a good solution, I am all ears for it!

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht