On Fri, May 10, 2019 at 11:39 AM Mike Stramba <mikestra...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there a machine or z/os instruction / command to recognize "real
> iron" rather than a zpdt or "other" emulation system?
>
> I realize that emulating the real hardware is the point, and that
> maybe ???  there is no way the o/s can know  "for sure" ?

Oh, also, the zPDT model number is '1090', which you can get from the SYSIB
1.1.1 data from the STSI instruction. Documented on 10-140 in the -11
version of the PoP.
http://publibfp.dhe.ibm.com/epubs/pdf/dz9zr011.pdf

> .. Or maybe not ? ;)
>
> Mike

This is clearly another case of too many mad scientists, and not enough
hunchbacks.

Maranatha! <><
John McKown