On 5/23/2019 10:18 AM, Styles, Andy , ITS zPlatform Services wrote:
Classification: Public

Hi all,

A question on some behaviour that I think we've noticed over the last few RSUs
that have been announced.

We did a RECEIVE ORDER CONTENT(RECOMMENDED) in early April (just after the "New
Service Levels" email), and got a number of fixes for RSU1903. Over the last couple
of days, it's been discovered that we are missing a few PTFs that would be part of
RSU1903 - or earlier.

Yesterday, I therefore as an exercise did another RECEIVE ORDER
CONTENT(RECOMMENDED), and this time got more fixes for RSU1903.

Do IBM assign RSU numbers retrospectively to PTFs, after the published RSU date?

If so, that's REALLY difficult to manage!

Anyone else have any experience of this?

Thanks,

Andy Styles

Andy,

This is unfortunately just how the system works. I went over this with IBM service, and PTF's get issued first, then the various SOURCEID's are applied to them via overnight batch processes. So a HIPER fix can be shipped, but the HIPER flag can take 24-48 hours (or longer) to be applied to the PTF. To say this sucks is an understatement, but that's just how IBM rolls.

Regards,
Tom Conley