From:   Nazih Noujaim <ngnouj...@mmm.com>
To:     IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Date:   04/06/2019 14:27
Subject:        Out of heap  space while invoking a jar java8 but works
fine when invoke the jar when run in java7 using Ent Cobol 4.2
Sent by:        IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU>

HI  Everyone

I have an OO Cobol program that invokes a jar on USS using java v1.8, 31
bit.  When I run over 250K calls, it runs out of memory. If the jar is
created in java 7 and I compile/link/run the OO cobol pgm in Java 731, it
runs fine.

I saw that there was some problems back in java 5 in the IBM sdk with OOM
and was fixed but nothing recent. Is anyone aware of any similar issues
with java 1.8? Is there any update to the JNI copy book whether you use v7
or v8? Any different options in the JVM setup/Installation that I should
ask about?

Here is my calling order:
NewStringPlatform
Invoke
GetStringPlatform
2 DeleteLocalRef  calls for the input and return string.

I haven't been able to find any links on diffs between 7 and 8?

TIA
Naz

Unless stated otherwise above:
741598.