If I do a STORAGE OBTAIN,STARTBDY=20,LOC=(31,PAGEFRAMESIZE1M) is there any
way to see if z/OS did indeed use a 1 Meg frame size? I am trying to get
(and FIX) a contiguous area of real storage to use in communicating to z/VM
via the DIAG X'08' (Virtual Console Function). In order to work, the entire
area (and I want more than 4K) must be contiguous in real memory. I was
hoping that PAGEFRAMESIZE1M would do that, but it appear to be a desire,
not a demand.

LOC=(31,PAGEFRAMESIZE1MB) indicates that virtual storage is to be located
below 2 gigabytes and central storage can be backed anywhere in 64-bit
storage, preferably by 1 megabyte page frames.

--
This is clearly another case of too many mad scientists, and not enough
hunchbacks.

Maranatha! <><
John McKown