From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Scott Chapman
Sent: Tuesday, June 18, 2019 7:26 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: honorpriority=no in WLM

*** NOTE: This email is from an external source: Be cautious ***
True, relative to the zIIP workload. But if that zIIP workload is relatively
low importance and crossing over to the GCPs and raising your R4HA, it may make
sense to restrict the low importance work instead of increasing the R4HA,
depending on what your business requirements are. And keeping the low
importance workload off from the GCP can be a good thing if the GCPs are being
driven relatively busy by the zIIP-eligible work.

Performance decisions are often dictated by financial concerns. More zIIP
capacity is always good, but it costs money. And for some machines IBM won't
sell you more on that generation of machine, making them even more difficult to
obtain. (I.E. machine replacements are not quick and simple solutions.)
Lowering software costs to make the platform more cost-competitive is good, but
that can cost performance. Unfortunately the dollar increments that we deal
with on the mainframe makes such decisions more difficult than just "add
another CPU" or "spin up another instance".

Disclaimer

The information contained in this communication from the sender is
confidential. It is intended solely for use by the recipient and others
authorized to receive it. If you are not the recipient, you are hereby notified
that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in relation of the
contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

This email has been scanned for viruses and malware, and may have been
automatically archived by Mimecast Ltd, an innovator in Software as a Service
(SaaS) for business. Providing a safer and more useful place for your human
generated data. Specializing in; Security, archiving and compliance. To find
out more visit the Mimecast website.