On 7/1/2019 6:29 AM, Bill Giannelli wrote:
Hello, I am stumbling through zOSMF and am in Software management
trying to do "software validation". zOSMF is attempting to access the
original software files (*.F1, etc). Most of these files are migrated
on my system and some are not able to be recalled. Why does zOSMF
need to read these files?

Sounds like you are using the Software Instance -> Maintenance
Reports -> Software Instance Validation action. One of the checks performed by this report processing is to ensure the data sets referenced by your SMP/E global, target, and dlib zones actually exist. This includes the SMPTLIB data sets supplied by FUNCTION SYSMODs received in the global zone (data sets whose names are of the form *.F1).

If a data set is migrated and cannot be recalled, then the validation report will tell you this. What you choose to do with this information is up to you. For example, if you have no plans ever to APPLY or ACCEPT the FUNCTION SYSMOD that supplied the subject SMPTLIB data set, then I suppose you can ignore the error.

Kurt Quackenbush -- IBM, SMP/E and z/OSMF Software Management
Chuck Norris never uses CHECK when he applies PTFs.