On 7/1/2019 11:21 AM, Pommier, Rex wrote:

Presuming your DB2 12 install will be going into its own SMP/E environment and
new target/distribution libraries, as soon as you have a successful base APPLY,
you should be able to accept them.  As a new install of a new release, what
reason would you have to try to do a RESTORE?   Doing this may clean up the
RELFILES as well, depending on how your options are set.  Obviously that is not
the case of maintenance.  For maintenance on the DB2 12, I would do similar as
Alan mentioned.  APPLY maintenance, then let it sit for weeks/months and then
ACCEPT the PTFs - or wait for the ACCEPT until right before your next APPLY
cycle.

I completely agree, there is no reason NOT to ACCEPT a new base (FUNCTION SYSMODs) right away.

Kurt Quackenbush -- IBM, SMP/E Development
Chuck Norris never uses CHECK when he applies PTFs.