I'd use ISPF "SuperCE", option 3.13

LIH1                           SuperCE Utility
Command ===>

New DS Name  . . . 'input.dsn.one(*)'
Old DS Name  . . . 'input.dsn.two(*)'
PDS Member List    *         (blank/pattern - member list, * - compare all)
   (Leave New/Old DSN "blank" for concatenated-uncataloged-password panel)
   Compare Type               Listing Type               Display Output
   1  1. File                 1  1. OVSUM                1  1. Yes
      2. Line                    2. Delta                   2. No
      3. Word                    3. CHNG                    3. Cond
      4. Byte                    4. Long                    4. UPD
                                 5. Nolist
Listing DSN  . . . . LIH1.SUPERC.LIST
Process Options  . .

Statements Dsn . . .
Update DSN . . . . .

Enter "/" to select option      Execution Mode          Output Mode
   Bypass selection list        2  1. Foreground        1  1. View
                                   2. Batch                2. Browse

Note the "Compare Type" option is 1 -- File. and the "Listing Type" is 1 --
OVSUM

On Fri, Jul 19, 2019 at 8:40 AM Bill Giannelli <billgianne...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I want to compare 2 PDS datasets and want to get a list of what members
> are missing. I do not want a line by line comparison of all the members.
> What is the best option to use?
> thanks
> Bill

A sine curve goes off to infinity, or at least the end of the blackboard.
-- Prof. Steiner

Maranatha! <><
John McKown