On 07/22/2019 12:07, retired mainframer wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On
Behalf Of Gary Weinhold
Sent: Monday, July 22, 2019 7:50 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Friday!

I almost remember how to do it on an IBM 1620

Simply the best machine ever for teaching programming.

IIRC, it was a Transmit Record instruction with the destination one byte beyond
the source.  At the end of memory it would wrap back to zero and run forever.

That is the machine I started on back in Jan 1971. Nice way to start, machine language, then FORTRAN.

/Tom Kern