Le 14/08/2019 à 08:18, Vernooij, Kees (ITOP NM) - KLM a écrit :
And: don't write unnecessary code.
A nice example is how to determine leap years: from as long as I program the
flow is:
- dividable by 4?
- dividable by 100?
- dividable by 400?

The last 2 are completely unnecessary until the year 2100.
How many useless instructions will have been executed for this reason in the
150 years until 2100?
How much of our assembler code will live until 2100? Lots were not even
prepared for 2000.

Kees.

that's what they said in 1965 when they were storing years in dates on 2 digits... hilarity ensued in 1999 when they were all panicked that their 1964 vintage cobol code world would crumble...

my 0.02€

Raphael