On Tue, 20 Aug 2019 18:19:54 +0800, David Crayford  wrote:

>> From:http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/9699919799/basedefs/V1_chap04.html#tag_04_16
>>   4.16 Seconds Since the Epoch
>>   As represented in seconds since the Epoch, each and every day shall be
>> accounted for by
>> exactly 86400 seconds.
>For C programs that are not dubbed as UNIX processes they are basically
>naked so the POSIX rules don't apply.

OK.  I stand corrected:

z/OS Version 2 Release 4
XL C/C++ Runtime Library Reference
IBM SC14-7314-40
time(),time64() — Determine current UTC time
Standards
ISO C
POSIX.1
XPG4
XPG4.2 C99 Single UNIX Specification, Version 3 Language Environment
time() returns the current value of the time-of-day (TOD) clock value obtained
with the STCK instruction, rounded off to the nearest second, and normalized to
the POSIX Epoch, January 1, 1970. The TOD clock value does not account for leap
seconds. If you need more accuracy, use the STCK instruction or the TIME macro
which does account for leap seconds using whatever value the system operator
has entered for number of leap seconds in the CVT field.

I'm astonished and dismayed.  This directly contradicts the POSIX
requirement I excerpted above.  Has no one complained?

At least they could remove the duplicitous mention of POSIX.  I think
I'll submit an RCF.

-- gil