Hi,

Thanks. You're right that it is a z196, but I hoped that the slots would
have the same form factor so I could use them. Maybe too sneaky :-).

I removed the cables to the adapter but the SE complains. It recommends me
to order a cable cleaning kit for the I/O adapter - I doubt it will help
:-).
I have removed the drawer (thanks for correcting me!) from the SE's Frame
Layout, so I'm guessing that it is unhappy because all links are down on
the adapter.

This is why I'm thinking of removing the actual adapters.