That doesn't sound promising. My thought was to use the environment
development (Cobol and some Assembler), target CICS with VSAM and DB2.
This is a RACF shop with third party SCM.

Then the developers might get better response time for their development
and test batch jobs. I certainly would not expect developers to manage the
environment that would be the role of the Sysprog so if we could clone an
LPAR on the mainframe to bring down, then there shouldn't be too much work
to do hopefully.

We are not a Sysplex shop so that would not be an issue for the moment.

Standing up Linux boxes would not be an issue since the place uses AWS
extensively so I could just ask the Digital guys to spin up some Linux
image for us and we do the rest :-)

I might broach the topic with the developers just to gauge interest.