From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Paul Gilmartin
Sent: Tuesday, December 3, 2019 1:40 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: zgit (was: COPYING PDS ...)

On Tue, 3 Dec 2019 12:47:14 -0600, Lionel B Dyck wrote:

>... At least with OMVS you can have mixed case directories and file names -
>and OEdit/OBrowse work with them - even ISPF Browse/Edit/View will. Then there
>is OSHELL and the better UDList (3.17).  Not much else in native ISPF supports
>the OMVS.

Does zgit support zFS?  at https://zigi.rocks/ I read:
    ... It basically does anything that's not VSAM, BDAM, ISAM or RECFM=U.

That would appear to allow (or not exclude) zFS.  Or is zFS considered VSAM
Linear and thus excluded?  But the zFS namespace is probably closest to the
original design target of git.

(UDList isn't exactly 3.17, and I've found 3.17 friendlier than UDList.)

-- gil