If you do not know how it invokes ABC,, for example - directed load, load with
DCB, etc. you are a bit stuck.

Best approach would be to use a GTF trace to see how it is loaded.

On Thu, 5 Dec 2019 11:48:34 -0800 Charles Mills <charl...@mcn.org> wrote:

:>Program A issues a successful IDENTIFY for entry point ABC and then
:>transfers control to program XYZ. (I have no source code for nor ability to
:>fully understand the logic of program XYZ, nor to modify it.) Program XYZ
:>subsequently invokes entry point ABC but ends up with a new copy loaded from
:>STEPLIB rather than using the IDENTIFY entry address.

:>Why would that be?

:>The documentation for IDENTIFY states that the entry point is always treated
:>as RENT. The Services Guide says

:>All reenterable modules (modules designated as reenterable using the linkage
:>editor) from any library are completely reusable. Only one copy is normally
:>placed
:>in the link pack area or brought into your job pack area, and you get
:>immediate
:>control of the load module. However, there might be circumstances beyond
:>your
:>control that can cause an additional copy to be placed into your job pack
:>area. The
:>control program might do this, for example, to preserve system integrity.

:>Can anyone elaborate?

http://www.dissensoftware.com