From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> on behalf of
Charles Mills <charl...@mcn.org>
Sent: Tuesday, December 10, 2019 12:37 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Editing HLASM source with Visual Studio - columns 73-80

FWIW I would love that feature but I have never solved that on Notepad++. I
wanted to make just column 72 display red so (a.) I would know if I crossed the
line and (b.) I would know if I had my continuation character in the right
place.

Most of the modern languages seem to be free format. There seems to be little
support in modern tools for column dependencies.

Charles