It might be easier to write the script in Perl than in REXX.

--
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
http://mason.gmu.edu/~smetz3

From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> on behalf of
Jason Cai <ibmm...@foxmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, December 19, 2019 2:50 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: How to ignore dates and times depend on their format before comparing
them

Dear all

   After I issue DISPLAY commands,I want to compare the  output  of commands.
The output should have the current date and time. before comparing them,I want
to ignore these dates and times.

    For a kind of DISPLAY command (for example display omvs,o),I could know
where the dates and times are. I could write a rexx to ignore it. In this way I
need to write a lot rexx for each DISPLAY command depend on their position.

  Is these any way to ignore these dates and times depend on their format
(YYYY-MM-DD and HOUR.MINUTES.SECOND)?

   Thanks a lot!

Jason Cai