Hello Barbara,
Thought I'd reply publicly as others might have this same wonder:

>> The biggest problem is that there is no good documentation coming with the
>> CBPDO. I seem to remember that the program directory contained the software
>> prerequisites, i.e. the z/OS level fitting the product. Was unable to find
>> that, though.  <<

z/OS V2.4 prerequisites for specific software (and hardware) are found in the
z/OS V2.4 Planning for Installation Book, Appendix B and Appendix C and a
couple of other sections.  Notice that for specific software PTFs, we heavily
rely upon SMP/E FIXCATs to do all the identification as to what is appropriate
for your system.  (It is not just a heavy reliance at this point, it is the
*only* way to do it.)

-Marna WALLE
z/OS Installation
IBM Poughkeepsie