Hi Brian,
Maybe, (Warning: Bad pun ahead!) you could go by an old nursery rhyme "Pease porridge in the pot, nine days (h)old".

Regards,
David

On 2020-02-13 03:33, Brian Fraser wrote:
The answer is.... "it depends"..

How often do you run scratch processing?

What hardware was the tape written to? What other settings are in place on
that hardware?

For instance, if it was written to a TS7700, then you need to also check
the setting for "Expire Hold" on the scratch category.

I have ours set to "8 days hold". This means that a scratch tape is still
usable/recoverable for upto 8 days after it is scratched.
Any longer than that and the TS7700 removes the data associated with the
virtual volume.

Regards
Brian