The cbttape file 19 (Command) is a working example.  While it's a bit old (code
wise), the replay part works fine.  The code is short and easy to understand,
you will see why I say that if you download it and look at who updated many of
the features.

while it doesn't really compare to the products we market (which does hundreds
of things that are not in the Commands code), it will provide you with the
sample code you are looking for.  Our automation products are much cheaper than
IBM or CA, but command is free, so you can extract options from it that you
think you might want to include in your own code.

Brian Westerman