Well, the 3rd COVID19 bill included an extra $600 per week increase in
benefits from federal sources.  Should be able to change the formulae
quick enough, then just multiply the number of checks by the $600 to
transfer from the Feds.  Actually I expect the problem to be a maxed
out database or filled volume with the large increase in number of
payments.

On Sun, Apr 5, 2020 at 2:15 PM Martin Packer <martin_pac...@uk.ibm.com> wrote:

> I came to the opposite conclusion: I couldn't see why coding was required
> unless new function was DESPERATELY needed. The word in bold because that
> seems very risky - going around changing function at a time like this.
>
> And, because my lens is more-or-less performance, I thought making the
> application scale was the urgent and safer thing. Yes, I realise
> application changes can be necessary to make something scale but then
> we're back to desperation. :-(
>
> Cheers, Martin
>
> Martin Packer
>
> zChampion, Systems Investigator & Performance Troubleshooter, IBM
>
> +44-7802-245-584
>
> email: martin_pac...@uk.ibm.com
>
> Twitter / Facebook IDs: MartinPacker
>
> Blog:
> https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/mydeveloperworks/blogs/MartinPacker
>
> Podcast Series (With Marna Walle): https://developer.ibm.com/tv/mpt/    or
>
> https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/mainframe-performance-topics/id1127943573?mt=2
>

> Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCu_65HaYgksbF6Q8SQ4oOvA
>

> From:   Laurence Chiu <lch...@gmail.com>
> To:     IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
> Date:   05/04/2020 20:06
> Subject:        [EXTERNAL] Wanted Civil programmers in New Jersey urgently
> Sent by:        IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU>
>

> it seems that the huge increase in benefit request in New Jersey is
> causing
> their benefit systems to be overloaded and not able to handle the volume
> of
> requests.
>
> It doesn't seem like a load issue but more the application needs to be
> changed. Otherwise you would just throw more MIPS at it
>
> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.theregister.co.uk_2020_04_05_new-5Fjersey-5Fseeks-5Fcobol-5Fvolunteers_&d=DwIBaQ&c=jf_iaSHvJObTbx-siA1ZOg&r=BsPGKdq7-Vl8MW2-WOWZjlZ0NwmcFSpQCLphNznBSDQ&m=we9iQYSSOE8VzuyXv27f9iKmNJlYkPMnUAf4sG-UjZA&s=UgOg-N0E7RFnAw49opRaW9-gaTi6S8WvCM4bi73z9FM&e=

> Unless stated otherwise above:
> 741598.

Mike A Schwab, Springfield IL USA