Before I start chiseling a piece of stone into a wheel :-)   -  I've been
thinking about ICETOOL and DB2.  Is there already in existence something that
would provide a SELECT (similar to what is used in DSNTIAUL or DSNTIAD)  to
select DB2 data as an E15 exit for DFSORT?

My ideal would be (Maybe I should write an RFE)
------
In ICETOOL the ability to code SQLSEL FROM(SQL) USING(xxxx)

xxxxCNTL DD *

SELECT ....

------

It would be nice if this could execute before SYMNAMES is read, so the SELECT
handler could create symbols for all of the columns in the result set.

Maybe it is just as efficient to use DSNTIAUL with ORDER BY ?