Great article.

Didn't know that he developed Tex. We used it in 1979, so we must have been
quite early adopters.

It was a godsend for our little software house. We ran it on CP/M machines
including the Cromemco System 3 and Altos 8000.

At the Micro Show in London at Earls Court in 1980 I met up with the head
of the Micro Centre from Edinburgh. I asked him what he thought about our
products. He said,"great documentation". That was thanks to Tex and an NEC
Spinwriter that we used to print. Long before Laser Printers became
affordable.

Little did I know that 25 years later I would be living in Palo Alto and
regularly spending time on the Stanford Campus.

All those little villages that I only knew by name in 1979 had morphed into
Silicon Valley.

On Mon, Apr 20, 2020 at 8:58 AM Dale R. Smith <dale-sm...@columbus.rr.com>
wrote:

> Nice article about Donald Knuth.