On Wed, 22 Apr 2020 16:29:32 +0000, Seymour J Metz wrote:

>We had well over 20 years of warning on Y2K; management preferred to ignore
>it. Apres moi le deluge (the balloon won't go up before I retire.)

Sicut erat in principio, et nunc, et semper, et in saecula saeculorum.

As I recall a design meeting, circa 1980:

gil>  We should store the year as 4 digits.
Boss> But the system DATE function only returns 2.
gil>  We can front-end it, prefixing "19".  When DATE gets better,
      we can demolish the scaffold.
Boss> Too much effort to code (and document), and waste of storage.
      Our product isn't designed to last so long.

[It did.  But Boss prevailed.]

-- gil